Will you want to try super flavourful potato pizza with additions of:super aromatic garlic butter, crispy texture from the japanese panko?
2 toppings onto a large pizza: potato pizza and classic margherita pizza.
This pizza dough recipe is supposed to be soft.After tasted the pizza from Domino back in Malaysia, husband and I fall in love deeply.
Soft, flavourful and melt into your mouth. Crispy and chewy pizza dough definitely not to our liking. Guess explained I love Japanese soft bun.
Hope you like this sharing.
This pizza is:
totally from scratch
Pack with flavours even this is vegetarian due to the garlic butter and japanese breadcrumb I used.
Basic Wholemeal Pizza Dough:
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- some salt and pepper
- Heat saucepan with oil, then saute the potatoes.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute till potato just cooked.Take out and set aside for later use.
- 4 tbsp Lurpak butter ( or any butter), room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 tsp mix herbs
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- mix all ingredients into soften butter to well combined and chill in fridge.
These are the lactose free cheese I used for my pizza.
- basil and parsley leaves
- japanese breadcrumb
- Liddells lactose free Block cheese ( or any cheddar cheese you prefer)
- Liddells lactose free shredded cheese ( or any mozzarella cheese you prefer)
- Punch the dough to release air.
- Divide into 2 portions and roll into 2 round disc. Place onto the prepared baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roll in 1 cm of the outer edge lightly and press in hard to form the thicker edge around the pizza base.
- Reserve half of the garlic butter, and spread the rest of the garlic butter over the pizza base.
- Arrange all the potato slice onto half of the pizza base. Sprinkled with the rest garlic butter onto potato, sprinkle with some japanese breadcrumb(about 1 tbsp), shaved some block cheese. Lastly sprinkled with basil leaves.
- For half of the pizza base: Spread few tbsp of your tomato sauce , sprinkled with abundant shredded cheese and some fresh parsley leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven of 230c for 20-25 minutes, until base is brown and crisp.
- Brush with some garlic butter around the edge of the pizza.Serve.
- It is going to be very flavorful even without meat.
- You can convert this wholemeal pizza into basic pizza dough by replacing 1/2 cup wholemeal flour with plain flour.
- Occasionally you might require to add little more water to form a soft dough due to the different brand and quality of wholemeal flour use.Pour in extra water slowly into the dough while kneading by your machine if dough is starving for more water.
- The finished pizza base is soft compared to your usual crispy pizza base.
- This is a fully vegetarian pizza that does not use any soy meat or any kind.Welcome to use any toppings you like.
- If you prefer no adding garlic butter and japanese breadcrumb throughout your entire pizza making, feel free to eliminate from recipe,but the use of the garlic butter and japanese breadcrumb definitely give the biggest impact to your pizza that you never have tasted so good before. This vegetarian pizza will never be the same again.
- I used this recipe to bake one large pizza, however you can divide the dough into any portions as long as you adjust the baking temperature and time accordingly.
Hope you like this simple sharing.Welcome to drop by any comment.