My husband loves these garlic bread, so I bake it very often. The crispiness of the japanese breadcrumb after crisped up from the homemade garlic butter, makes the bread roll extra tasty. The garlic butter perfumed the entire bread,especially freshly came out from oven.
These bread is extra soft , goes well with soup or just eat it on its own.
Hope you like this sharing.Let’s get started?
- 150g Lurpak unsalted butter,room temperature (Or any unsalted butter)
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 tsp dry mix herbs
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Mix everything together and place into a prepared parchment paper.Roll it up into a log and twist both ends properly.
- Keep in the freezer for 30 minutes until hardened.
- Garlic butter can be made in bigger portion and stored in the freezer up to half year.
- Garlic butter can be made in advanced.
Oat Bread Roll
- 300g bread flour / strong flour/ bakers flour
- 2 tbsp instant oats
- 30g castor sugar
- 4g salt
- 15g Lurpak butter ( or any butter)
- 5g instant yeast
- 100g soy milk ( or any full cream milk )
- 110g water
- 2-3 tbsp of Japanese breadcrumb( Panko breadcrumb)
- Mix all ingredients together except butter. ( reserve 20 ml of milk)
- Knead all ingredients into a dough,then mix in the butter in 2 additions until it comes together.Slowly pour in the remaining milk and continued kneading until a smooth dough formed.
- To check if the dough is done, take out some dough, and lightly stretch your dough into a thin skin(membrane) without having any holes form. The thinner of the membrane can be stretched and light can see through, the better the dough.
- Once done, take out the dough and give it a good knead into big ball. Spray some water onto dough to prevent drying. Allow to proof to double in size by covering with damp towel.
- Once the dough is done, release the air by kneading it. Divide into 12 portion, roll into balls. Rest for 15 minutes by covering with damp towel.
- Roll each portion into a round smooth ball.
- Lined a metal tray (2″ deep) with oil paper. Spread 1/3 of your garlic butter all around the base and sides of the tray. You can cut into cubes and place all over the tray.Scatter in Japanese breadcrumb all over.
- Arrange 12 ball of dough into the metal ray ( 3 across x 4 long). Scatter 1/3 of the garlic butter onto the balls. ( or you can brush it onto the balls.Sprinkle more breadcrumb onto the balls(Roughly 1 tbsp)
- Allow to proof to double in size, roughly an hour.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown,depending on individual oven. You can bake the bread on the bottom oven for the last 3 minutes at 200C to achieve golden brown crispy breadcrumb.
- Once done, remove from oven and brush the remaining garlic butter onto each golden brown bread roll.Serve.
- If you prefer just plain bread without oat, remove oat from recipe.
- Remember to use Japanese breadcrumb to achieve crispy and golden texture on the bread roll.
- If you cannot find dry mix herbs, just replace with freshly chopped parsley.
Thanks for visiting and your comment is much appreciated.