Happy Chinese New Year~
Although I may not spend this important dinner back home with family, I still learn to prepare a complete vegetarian meal for today.
For better health, I need to learn to be vegetarian.
Being a vegetarian in fact supposed to be stricter than I am eating now(No flour, gluten, deep fry….. need to be avoided but I believe I need to learn from now)
For the first full vegetarian meal , definitely not as time consuming as cooking a full meat meal. Alot to learn from. Way to go , sivia~
Vegetarian crispy duck with orange sour plum sauce 素脆鸭
I made 2 dipping sauce for this dish: 1) orange sour plum sauce 2) peking duck sauce.
Love them both equally.
清炒菜 Stir Fry Lettuce
My husband loves the simplicity of this stir fry dish, multipurpose dish I would say.
Vegetarian Barbecue Pork with cucumber slice 素叉烧配黄瓜
Love the sticky and nicely caramelised hong kong style char siu goes well with the slice cucumber, try to make into finger food.
Recipe Char Siu Sauce:
- 1.5 tbsp maltose
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt to taste
- thickening sauce ( 1 tsp corn flour mix with 2 tbsp water)
- Mix all together with another 2 tbsp water.
- Cook the sauce until thickened under medium low heat. Set aside.
- Pan fry the char siu with some oil first, then pour in all the sauce until the soy meat has caramelised evenly.
- Let it cool down a little, then prick every slice cucumber with the caramelised char siu by using toothpick.
- Serve. You just cannot stop eating it.
Stir Fry Mushroom with zucchini 清炒菇类
Lately just love mushroom mushroom and mushroom.
Deep Fried Crispy Mushroom with mayonnaise apple 炸脆菇类配美奶汁苹果
The batter is extremely crispy even it serves cold. The oyster mushroom is the best for deep fry, it does not taste like mushroom at all. Crunchy and crispy, oh my goodness.
Recipe for the batter:
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- enough water to make into batter,enough to coat the mushroom
- some oyster mushroom(You can use any mushroom you like too but I find oyster mushroom tastes the best)
- Mix all together and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash mushroom, drain and pat dry.
- Heat wok with enough cooking oil.
- Coat each mushroom with enough batter and deep fry until light golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
Vegetarian Herbal Soup in coconut 药材椰子素炖汤
It is coconut juice season here during cny.
I added some coconut juice into the coconut husk.I left the layer of coconut flesh in the husk, so it brings out the sweetness of the vegetarian soup without any meat added. Thumbs up.
Thanks for visiting. ^_^ happy new year