Mother’s day is less than a month, what is your plan for a cake?
Have you ever want to bake something, to taste and look good for mother’s day? Have you wondering why we have to buy from the bakery shop when you can create for your love one? Many think that a cake to look and taste good must have spend hours to bake. This time, not really.
This cake is super easy, 2 components: the Flourless cake , whip some cream, then decorate with your favourite fruits ; you can get a beautiful cake.
This cake is for gluten intolerant people, who is allergic to gluten ( flour mainly), something we normally don’t get to buy outside, but you can make on your own.
Let’s get started , okay?
Few Components you need:
- Flourless Cake Base
- Green Tea Mousse
- Strawberries, raspberries , fig (decoration)
Flourless Cake :
- 100g egg whites
- 40g castor sugar
- 50g egg yolks (lightly beaten)
- 80g almond powder
- 80g icing sugar
- Icing sugar – for dusting
- Some pistachio
1) Line baking paper onto a baking tray. Place a 7” square cake ring onto the tray. Preheat oven to 180C.
2) Mix almond powder and icing sugar well and sift it.
3) Beat egg whites till foamy, then slowly add in sugar and continued beating till firm peak form. Fold in beaten egg yolks.
4) Fold in almond mixture from step (1) into meringue from step (2) in 2 additions. Mix well. Do not over mix it otherwise deflate the air pockets in the meringue.
5) Pour batter into piping bag, pipe onto a 7” square cake ring. Make a pipe onto 4 individual corners on the cake ring, with round pointed batter. Then fill up the empty gaps. Sprinkle with pistachio and dust with generous of icing sugar.
6) Bake at 180C for 20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool. Remove the cake ring and peel of the baking paper.
Green Tea Mousse:
- 250g Bulla whipping cream( or any dairy whipping cream)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 g green tea powder
- 1/2tsp green tea paste
- Few drops of organic green food colouring (optional)
1) Mix cream, sugar, green tea powder, green tea paste and colouring together. Mix well.
2) Beat the mixture until medium peak. Pour into piping bag with round nozzle.
3) Pipe over the flourless the center of cake base, leaving 1 inch empty from the outer corner of the cake.
4) Decorate with fruits or your favourite fruits.
1) The reason to dust icing sugar onto the unbaked batter is to create a layer of nice crust for the cake base after baked.
2) This flourless cake has no added flour/gluten. Tha texture will not taste like normal sponge cake but it has different depth of a cake .It will bring your usual cake experience to another level.
3) If you are not a fan of green tea, kindly substitute with any flavor you prefer:
- coffee (2 tsp coffee powder dilute with 1 tbsp of hot water),
- chocolate ( 1 ½ tbsp of cocoa powder),
- strawberries ( 1tbsp of strawberry puree)
- raspberries ( 1tbsp of raspberry puree)
Hope you like this super and simple sharing cake that looks unique and special.
Thank you for visiting and deeply appreciated your comments here ^_^