Components you need:
- Vanilla butter cupcakes
- Caramel thick sauce
- Fluffy frosting
- Passionfruit curd
- Chocolate Coating
- Mini macaron shells (as decor)
Yield: 8 cupcakes
- 1 cup(150g) self-raising flour
- 90g Western Star unsalted butter, softened ( Any unsalted butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 80g castor sugar (reduced because the rest of the fillings are sweet)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Liddells Lactose free full cream milk ( or any milk)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 6 muffin holes of muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flour into small bowl, add butter, vanilla, sugar, eggs and milk; beat with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture is changed to a pale colour.
- Drop ¼ cup of mixture into cases.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Stand cakes 5 minutes before turning top-side up onto wire rack to cool.
Yield:2 ¼ cups
- 200g castor sugar
- 70ml water
- 2 egg whites
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, stir over medium heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, about 5 minutes or until syrup reaches 116C on a candy thermometer.
- Syrup should be thick and bubbled, allow bubbles to subside.
- Beat egg whites in a clean mixing bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. While motor is operating, add hot syrup in a thin stream; beat on high speed for 10 minutes or until mixture is firm and glossy.
- Pour into a piping bag fitted with ½’’ plain round nozzle, and leave in room temperature to set a little for better piping.
Caramel Thick Sauce:
- 30g Western Star unsalted butter ( or any unsalted butter)
- 1 Heaped Tbsp golden syrup
- 30 brown sugar
- ¼ tsp gelatine powder
- 1/6 cup( half of ¼ cup) sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and golden syrup and stir until melted .
- Add sugar, gelatine, sweetened condensed milk, stir over heat for 10 minutes or until thickened. Set aside for later use.
- ½ cup fresh passionfruit pulp
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 50g castor sugar
- 50 butter
- 1 egg yolk (yield from separated the egg white and yolk from making macaron)
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp of Liddells lactose free milk ( or any milk)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
1) Mix well together cold milk with cornstarch. Set side.
2) Combine passionfruit pulp ,lemon juice, butter and sugar in a saucepan.
3) Cook over medium heat,stir till butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
4) Turn down to low heat.
5) In a separate bowl: Beat egg and egg yolks together.
6) Add eggs into hot passionfruit mixture a little bit at a time, stirring constantly over low heat and until the mixture thicken little and coats back of a spoon.
7) It takes around 5 minutes. Don’t boil or it will curdle. Remove from heat.
8) Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Bring back to low heat,and stirring constantly until the sauce thicken to desire consistency.
9) Transfer curd to clean bowl by cover with cling wrap. Put in fridge to cool down.
- By using a small round cutter(depending how much of caramel you want), cut a semi deep hole at the middle of every cupcake. Keep the cut-cupcake aside,do not throw it away.
- Spoon in 2/3 full of caramel into each hole you made. Cover with the cut-cupake earlier, cover the caramel properly so it become a proper cupcake.
( Adjust the thickness of the cut-cupcake so to be inserted properly to cover the caramel properly)
3. Pipe some passionfruit curd int the cupcake.
4. Pipe a spiral of frosting into 2’’ high cone shape.
5. Bring cupcakes to a baking sheet and refrigerate.(I chilled my cupcakes here overnight,to harden the frosting for easier coating by chocolate later)
6. Holding every cupcake by its bottom, dip cupcake in the chocolate to coat the frosting.
7. Drip off the excess chocolate.Transfer to a baking sheet.
8. Spoon more chocolate coating around the edge cupcake or any exposed frosting.
9. None of the frosting should show.
10. Allow cupcakes stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
11. Put back in fridge for 30 minutes to set the coating (you can stick the mini macaron shell onto the coating while chocolate is semi-hard) , and allow to sit in the fridge for 2 hours or more.
12. I decorated my cupcakes with mini macaron shell or decorate however you desire with your own imagination,after all these are your cupcakes 🙂
Happy trying!Enjoy this sweet sweet lactose free cupcake. 🙂