Choux pastry no longer a mystery for every household.I was talking to mom,what was she wanted to eat and make-cream puff.According to her,the methods and process supposed to be unmanagable.About 20 years ago,she was taught by this auntie.Auntie told mum that unbaked choux pastry has to be layed on the floor.There were some taboos on making choux pastry. Since then ,mum never make any.I really have the itch to try again. Apart from just cream puff,mind I make into a gateau/cake instead?
Fresh strawberries top on the paris brest/choux puff,sandwiched each puff with light sweetened creme patissiere combined with whipped cream,finaly touch would be drizzled with toffee. Do you want to try?
Components you need:
@you will get two 6″ choux pastry gateau
- *10 cream puff (Paris Brest)
- * 2 circles disc of cream puff
- * Creme Patissiere Filling
- * Bulla Whipping cream( Or any whipping cream)
- * Toffee
- * Strawberries/any fruits you prefer
- 1/2 cup Bulla whipping cream( or any whipping cream)
1)just beat the cream at high speed with electric mixer until firm.Pour into a piping bag.Chill in fridge for later use.
1) Slice the circle puff into half.Make a hole under each cream puff.
2) Place half of the circle puff on a dish plate. Pipe some creme patissiere filling onto the circle puff.Close with the other half of circle puff.Repeat same method on the 2nd cream puff.
3) Pipe in creme patissiere into each small dome cream puff.Fill up the hole.You will get 10 cream puffs.
4) Spread some whipped cream onto the bottom of every small cream puffs.Stick it on to the circle puff.You will surround the edge of every circle puff with 5 small cream puffs.(so you ended up with 2 choux pastry cake)
5) Pipe in some whipped cream onto the middle of the cake.
6) Place strawberries/or any fruits on top of the whip cream.
7) Finally drizzle with toffee.
8) Chill in fridge for better taste.