Few components you need:
· Coconut Dacquoise
· Mango Gelee
· White chocolate mousse
· Mango Mousse
· Mango Glacage
- · 88g egg white
- · 25g castor sugar
- · 70g icing sugar
- · 68g coconut powder(process the desiccated coconut into powder form)
- · 18g cake flour,sifted
1. Process dry desiccated coconut to fine powder if you cannot find coconut powder.
2. Whisk egg white in a clean bowl to foamy stage,add in sugar slowly and continued beating to stiff peak.
3. Fold in coconut powder and sifted cake flour into meringue(egg white) until well combined.(Be gentle and quick to avoid deflating the air)
4. Pour batter into the lined baking pan.
5. Dust with icing sugar, be generous.
6. Bake for 180C for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- · 75g mango puree
- · 12g of gelatin sheet Or use 12g gelatin powder(remember to soak in tbsp water ,and melt undera bowl of hot water)
- · 2 tbsp hot water
1. Soak gelatin sheet in cold water until soft. Squeeze out excess water when need to use.
2. Boil the mango puree and hot water at low heat until starts boil,turn off heat.
3. Add in the gelatin sheet. Stir to well combine to ensure all gelatin melts.
4. Pour into a 6” square cake ring, put into freezer to get harden.
White Chocolate Mousse
- · 200g Bulla whipping cream ( or any dairy whipping cream)
- · 100g Cadbury baking white chocolate( or any baking white chocolate)
- · 5g gelatin sheet
1. Soak the gelatin sheet in cold water till soft,squeeze out excess water when need to use.
2. Whip cream to stiff peak. Chill in the fridge.
3. Melt white chocolate , add in gelatin sheet. Mix well. Cool down a little.
4. Add into whipped cream and mix to JUST well combine.
Assemble Part I:
1. Using a slightly bigger square cake ring(I used 7.5’’),cut the dacquoise to the proper size in order to fit into the cake ring as base.
2. Pipe in/or pour in the white chocolate mousse onto the dacquoise.
3. Put the cake ring into the freezer to freeze for 4 hours or until harden lightly.(I freeze to overnight)
- · 7g gelatin sheet(soak in cold water till soften,squeeze out excess water when need to use)
- · 150g Bulla whipping cream( or any dairy whipping cream )
- · 1.5 Tbsp icing sugar
- · 150g mango puree
- · 1 tsp mango paste(optional)
1. Place mango puree in a pot, let it simmer on low heat until some bubbles started to see, turn off the heat.
2. Add in the gelatin you soaked earlier, stir to well combine.
3. Whip the cream to soft peak, add in the mango mixture and mango paste into whipped cream and mix to just well combined. Put in fridge.
4. Remove the cake out ,place the mango gelee onto white mousse earlier.
5. Pour in the mango mousse and allow to set in freezer.
- · 36g castor sugar
- · 4g gelatin sheet
- · 7ml glucose
- · 75ml water
- · 65g mango puree
1. Boil all except gelatin sheet. Once boiled, turn off heat.Cool down little, add in soaked gelatin sheet.
Assemble part II:
1.Pour in this mango glacage onto the mango mousse layer for form a thin layer.Put back to fridge and allow to set.
2.Decorate however you like,it is your cake now.(I topped up with some cubed fresh mango,and white chocolate shave.Put back to fridge to set little.
3.Serve and enjoy.
Hope you like it 🙂