A new attempt of new recipe from one of the magazines I adored. The idea of using hazelnut meals has given me impeccable impression on tempted trial.
No moussie-mousse cake this time. This recipe is greatly recommended for working in a hot summer kitchen.
Less talking and let’s get cracking some eggs and flour in our bowl…
Components you need:
- Hazelnut joconde
- Chocolate ganache
- Raspbery jam
- Chocolate glaze
- 25g butter,melted
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 125g hazelnut flour
- 160g icing sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
1.Preheat oven to 220C. Grease 10″ X 14″ X 1″ swiss roll pan; line bases with baking paper.
2.Beat whole eggs,hazelnut flours and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl until creamy.
3.Beat in sifted plain flour. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, stir in melted butter.Then pour in milk and mix to just combined.
4.Beat egg whites in a clean and grease-free mixing bowl until foamy stage, slowly add in sugar and continued beating until soft peaks formed.
5.Fold in egg whites mixture into hazelnut mixture, in 2 additions.
6.Spread mixture evenly into pans. Bake about 7-10 minutes,depending on individual oven, or skewer inserted comes out clean.
7.Cool joconde in pan.
- 250g frozen/fresh raspberry
- 90g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp water
1.Combine raspberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan, stir over medium heat,without boiling, until sugar dissolved.
2.Bring to boil about 10 minutes or until thick. Allow to cool.
- 90g dark/milk chocolate
- 38g butter
1.Break chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl, add butter ,stir over a medium saucepan of simmering water till smooth (Don’t let water touch base of bowl)
1.Slice joconde into 3 even slices. Place first layer of hazelnut joconde on the table.
2.Spread with 1/2 of chocolate ganache.
3.Spread half of the raspberry jam evenly. Cover with second layer hazelnut joconde.
4.Spread with 1/2 of chocolate ganache. Spread with remaining raspberry jam.
5.Cover with last piece joconde. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ganache is set.
6.Once ganache is set, glaze the joconde. Refrigerate above 10 minutes or until set.
7.Trim off all sides before serving.
- Try to use good quality chocolate that you prefer,it can be dark or milk chocolate. If preferred sweeter, try using milk chocolate.
- This cake is not a mousse cake, so the texture is tend to be spongy.
- If you cannot find hazelnut flour or ground hazelnut. You can ground whole hazelnut into powder form.
- You can welcome to substitute raspberry jam into strawberry jam. The recipe would be remained the same,only substitute with frozen or fresh strawberry.
- This recipe is greatly contributed and adapted by “The Australian Women’s Weekly “.
- This is a good recipe for those who enjoy the new taste of hazelnut sponge, the sweetness of chocolate and mild acidity of the raspberry jam are somewhat new adventure for our taste buds.
Photo ideas are greatly conceptualized by the issue as well.
HAPPY TRYING ^_^
I hear your pain, to the one you love
We just want to tell you, we are here to pray for you
To care for you ,to concern together with you
If you ever lost in the midst of pain
You can count on me
You can have my shoulders to rely on
Stay strong Stay calm
Transform your worries into energy
She will be alright no matter what because she is a fighter